Heart of the Home

Heart of the Home

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Daybook: February 7th

I am thankful... for the birth of our third beautiful and healthy baby boy.  January 12th God blessed our family with Little Man wieghing in at 7 lbs 9 ozs!  Both Mom and Baby are healthy!


I am thinking... my new roll as a mother of 5 rather than a mother of 4 will take some adjusting to. Having a newborn around the house is both a wonderful blessing and alot of work - what a balancing act.

I am remembering... that I have much to learn. I know this is God's way of keeping my in check, reminding me of who is in charge and keeping me humble.

I am noticing...  that the seasons of Advent and Christmas just flew by and Lent is right around the corner. I have not even started to put together the kids activity packets yet, but Little Bugsy did ask about putting up our Jesus Tree the other day. I'm excited to see how many stories the kids remember from last year.  I'm also hoping they can match the Bible story with the symbol for the tree this year all by themselves.

I am... trying to soak up as many snuggly moments with my new Little Man as I can!

From the kitchen... To be honest, there isn't much to report here. I have been slacking big time around the kitchen and am extremely thankful for hubby who has really pitched in in this department. I did manage to make a nice Baptism dinner with homemade candy party favors but other than that, our meals have been much more simple lately.

From the schoolroom... we have surpisingly kept up with school pretty well so far. I try to remind myself why I started homeschooling in the first place, not to teach math facts and reading, but to teach the Catholic way of life to my little gems! If I remember this, we can find school in virtually every aspect of our day! We have not celebrated too many feast days since Little Man was born but have enjoyed reading about the saints and we did get in some edible candle making in for the Feast of St. Blaise. 

From the nursery... Little Man is a wonderful eater and loves to nurse.  The problem?  He is growing too fast and this makes me sad.  I marvel at the ability of the human body to provide so completly for my child, what an AMAZING blessing! Even our nighttime feedings are enjoyable.

From the bedroom...  I can't complain at all about Little Man's sleeping pattern. The first few weeks were all over the place, but the last few nights he has waken up twice to eat and goes right back to bed.  Although I am tired, I was fearing much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment